Friday, February 1, 2008

A New Favourite

We once again made our way up to Little India for a mid-week after-work curry, but this time we went armed with the best tool in the box.... a food-lovin' Indian friend. She took us to Khansama on Serangoon Road, and I'm pleased to announce that we have found our new favourite Indian restaurant in Little India.

They had the largest menu I have ever seen in an Indian restaurant - they even had a whole page dedicated to different types of Raita. My friend was wondering why I was spending so long looking through the starters... I didn't realise there was a whole other section of main courses! After much deliberation, we settled on a selection of starters:

Paneer Pakoras

Mix Tikka - five different types of Chicken Tikka

Gobi Manchurian - a spicy, sweet-and-sour cauliflower dish.

That's the great thing about going to restaurants with other people, we would never have chosen this dish had it been just the two of us, but this is our friend's favourite dish, and one mouthful and we could see why - I am sure a Manchurian dish will be up there in our dishes of choice in the future.

We then added on some main courses:
Mutton Do Piazza


Kadahi Paneer


and accompanied with some Handkerchief Rotis


Every dish was completely delicious - sometimes when you order a selection of dishes from an Indian restaurant it can be hard to distinguish between the sauces, but here I'm happy to report that each dish had a very distinctive flavour, and they were all fantastic... in fact I'm hungry again just writing this.

When we went to Muthu's, we thought we'd found a winner... but I have to say for us now it will be Khansama all the way... and with the size of their menu, we could come back every week for years and not have the same meal twice... just imagine... mmmmm...


Khansama - http://www.khansama.net/

1 comment:

  1. OMG, your pictures just made me SO damn hungry (even though I've eaten my own weight in chicken buah keluak and mutton rendang), awesome reviews. I'll be back for more you can betcha. ;)

    ReplyDelete