Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Awesome Indonesian

I have read great things about Pagi Sore on the pages of my fellow floggers websites (as if Blog wasn't a stupid enough word, we now have to call a food blog a Flog?!) and have tried to get Mr Greedy Glutton to meet me there for lunch for ages, as it's close to his office. Well what do you know, he only ended up there with work colleagues last week! So on Friday night after a few after-work beers I insisted we go, so I could see what all the fuss was about.

I remembered that the dish of choice seemed to be the Cumi Bali (that's chargrilled Sweet & Spicy Squid to you and I) but unfortunately it was off the menu. So we settled for the Chicken version - the Ayam Bali. Let me tell you, any disappointment at not being able to try the squid flew straight out the window as soon as we tasted this little baby. The boneless chicken is marinated in a sweet & spicy sauce, then grilled over charcoals, resulting in sweet, sticky, juicy, smoky mouthfuls... just awesome.



The Beef Rendang was also excellent (if a little cold),
and we also tried the Turung Chao Chio - Brinjal in a salted bean sauce, which was okay, but I've heard the Kang Kong Belachan is the veggie accompaniment to go for.
Even the rice was good, the banana leaf it was served in keeping it nice and sticky.


In short, the meal was fantastic and I can't wait to go back... two new favourites in one week... what a lucky greedy glutton I am...

Pagi Sore, Far East Square - http://www.pagi-sore.com/pagisore/index.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment