Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shopping and Lunch

We had some important business to attend to at Takashimaya… ie. Shopping, but beforehand we ad some equally important business to attend to… ie. Lunch. We didn’t want to go far, so popped into Crystal Jade Kitchen in the basement. This is a much more casual venue than the other Crystal Jade restaurants I have been to, although no cheaper… but the smells were appetizing and the tables were all full, so we didn’t think we could go too far wrong.

We started off with the Barbecued Pork in Honey Sauce, as it’s our absolute favourite from our regular Crystal Jade, Dining In at Vivocity. This wasn’t quite up there with our fave, definitely missing the hot plate, but it was still very moreish and worthy of the empty plate that went back to the kitchen.



We also ordered up some Noodles with Prawn Dumplings, which thankfully tasted better than it looked, although the noodles were somewhat congealed, and the dumplings slightly dried out…


Next up were some Chicken and Mushroom Dumplings, which were pretty tasty albeit a little stodgy,
and some (supposedly) Pork and Shrimp wantons.
I say ‘supposedly’ because I couldn’t actually find any evidence of any pork or shrimp within the crispy wanton wrapping, although if you look at the photo below, I believe the little circle at the top is perhaps holding a small amount of filling… it certainly wasn’t distinguishable as pork and prawn, anyhow.


It did come with a rather nice sweet and sour dipping sauce though, which held many surprise ingredients, like pieces of squid and char sui, so I guess that kind of makes up for the lack of filling in the wantons.


Did I enjoy my lunch? Yes, I did actually… Will I be returning? Mmm, probably not... there are far too many places out there serving up superior food to this to make it worth my while…

Crystal Jade Kitchen, Ngee Ann City - http://www.crystaljade.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment