Friday, January 11, 2008

A Decadent Breakfast

Such decadence, brunch with friends two days in a row. This time we headed up to Whitebait and Kale... Only in Singapore would you find such a great restaurant tucked away in a Medical Centre.

I once again opted for the Eggs Benedict - I know, I know 'how boring', but I'm kind of on a mission now to find the best Eggs Benedict I can in Singapore. So far this is up there, although I'm sure I can still find better... although perhaps my judgement was impaired by the fact that it felt just a teensy bit samey from the day before. These had the unconventional addition of a mustard and dill sauce which was surprisingly good and really helped set them apart from the norm.


Mr Greedy Glutton went for the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg and Cream Cheese on Rye Toast which I (of course) tasted and have to admit to being a tiny bit jealous of. None of us could resist the Mini Pancakes with Caramalised Bananas and Berries, which we shared as a dessert, and were truly scrumptious, but due to the sweetness of the dish, definitely better as a dessert rather than a breakfast. I was so excited about their arrival that I clean forgot to take a photo, but trust me, they were delicious.

I mean, really, dessert for breakfast... did you ever hear of anything so decadent....?

Whitebait and Kale - http://www.whitebaitandkale.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment