Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pizza on the Beach

It was my birthday (how old you ask? I don’t know, I stopped counting a few years ago now!) so a group of us met up at Trapizza at Siloso Beach, Sentosa to line our stomachs with pizza before commencing an afternoon beach bar crawl.

The menu at Trapizza consists mainly of pizza, pasta and salads. I’ve tried their salads a couple of times and not been overly impressed – too much raw onion, too much dressing and the tuna in the Nicoise is canned and mushy.

Today, however, it was all about the pizza. I chose the Siciliana – Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Red Onion, Roasted Peppers and Basil. The pizza was a good size (for a greedy person), with a generous sprinkling of toppings (though not too much), the Sausage and Pepperoni were tasty and, most importantly, the pizza had a thin, crispy base, that hadn’t gone soggy in the middle.



One friend ordered the Lasagne, which was particularly disappointing, and as I’ve said the salads aren’t anything to write home about, so take my advice – if you’re on Sentosa and find yourself at Trapizza, go for the pizza.

I’d even go so far as to say that this was actually the best pizza I have had in Singapore… and as if that wasn’t reason enough to return… the beer is pretty cheap too …

Trapizza – http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/singapore/rasasentosaresort/dining/restaurant/trapizza

No comments:

Post a Comment