Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hangover Food

A group of us met up at the Wine Garage at Riverside Point for brunch on Saturday to celebrate a friend’s birthday. It turned out that everybody had been out the night before, so we were all nursing sore heads and queasy stomachs, so lots of greasy hangover food and hair-of-the-dog was the order of the day.

I started off by ordering a Bloody Mary, which unfortunately was a mistake. A Bloody Mary is usually a great way to ease oneself back in to party mode after one too many the night before, but this one was laced with so much horseradish that I’m afraid it was barely making it past my tongue, let alone lining the stomach (I mean, who puts horseradish in a Bloody Mary anyway? What’s wrong with good old Worcestershire sauce and Tobasco?)



The Wine Garage brunch menu is pretty tantalizing and we all had a hard job making a decision. I finally settled on their ‘Two Eggs’ dish which was two eggs of your choice (poached in my case), served with a hollandaise sauce, wholemeal toast, hash browns and roasted peppers. I also added a side order of bacon, just for greasy good measure. It was pretty darn good, and exactly what the doctor ordered… In fact all the plates coming out the kitchen looked appetizing, and I’ve made a mental note to order the Blueberry Pancakes next time, as they looked particularly awesome.


Being a ‘wine’ garage, their choice of alcoholic drinks was somewhat limited, and having turned my nose up at their Bloody Mary, my only other choice seemed to be a Bellini. Well, harder things have happened, so a Bellini it was… and what a Bellini! Gone was the traditional Peach nectar, and was replaced instead with Mango nectar… oh yes, if they serve Bellinis in Heaven, this is what they’ll be like.


I always say that the best hangover cure in the world is champagne, and once again my theory proved to be correct… a few of those Mango Bellinis and we were all right as rain… and ready to party once again…

Wine Garage – www.winegarage.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment