Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cozy Steak Place

I first read about Les Bouchons on The Travelling Hungryboy’s website, where he promised “an unpretentious French place specializing in Steak Frites”. Well that was enough to sell it to Mr Greedy Glutton and I, so we took our hungry stomachs off to Ann Siang Road.

This was actually the second time we tried to get in here – the first time it was fully booked (not surprisingly when you see the limited number of seats) so I rang ahead this time and booked a table. Well, I fell in love with this cozy little restaurant as soon as I walked in – it was exactly as we’d anticipated – unpretentious, undeniably French… and the food smells wafting through from the kitchen were amazing… There was even a table of Frenchmen on the table next to us, just to complete the ambience!

This is definitely a carnivores-only place, with a very limited menu of Steak Frites and very little else (well, with the exception of a couple of Lamb dishes, and a couple of Fish dishes). We dithered over whether to go for the 1kg “Cote de Boeuf” Prime Rib for two, but I eventually settled on the Grilled Rib Eye Steak with “Vigneron” Butter,



while Mr Greedy Glutton went for the Grilled Sirloin Steak with Herbs. All the plats here come with a free-flow of crispy frites, and a side salad.

Well what can I say? The steak was delicious, the fries were delicious, and washed down with a nice bottle of Red, we had ourselves a fantastic evening in this lovely cozy little hideaway.

I almost don’t want to tell too many people about it in case it becomes so popular that I can’t get a table… but Les Bouchons has definitely become my number 1 spot for Steak Frites in Singapore…

Les Bouchons – 7 Ann Siang Road

1 comment: