Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hotel Breakfast

I love a good hotel breakfast and by that I don’t mean the pathetic excuse of cereal, greasy bacon and congealed eggs you usually get served at most hotels in the UK (and believe me I've suffered a few of those during my years working in the conference industry)... I mean a good Asian 5* hotel breakfast buffet.

At the Bangkok Peninsula, breakfast is served on the terrace, overlooking the bustling river, which makes for a pleasant start to the day. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and we actually had to queue for a table, which I have never experienced before, and my first cup of coffee was cold… but we were on holiday, and chilled enough not to worry about these things for too long.

First stop on a breakfast buffet for me is always the fruit section, makes me feel like I’m being healthy even though I know I’m just about to gorge myself on other less healthy options later…



… just like pancakes and bacon in fact.



Life is full of little pleasures, and for me a plate full of pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup and accompanied by some crisp bacon is one of them. Ah bliss, now I really know I’m on holiday…

Do you know, I actually stopped after that… which is most unusual… a breakfast buffet like that will usually turn into 3 courses or more for me… hmmm… the Greedy Glutton must be losing her gluttonous touch…

River Cafe & Terrace, Bangkok Peninsula - http://bangkok.peninsula.com/pbk/dining_08.html

No comments:

Post a Comment