Thursday, August 7, 2008

Straight into the Top Ten

Last time we were in Bali, Hu’u Bar & Restaurant was our favourite place we visited for dinner, so we couldn’t resist a return visit this holiday, especially as we wanted to share our discover with the Greedy Guts.

Thankfully it didn’t disappoint and has now made its way firmly into my Top Ten Restaurants of All Time – it has the whole package: winning ambience, alfresco dining, fantastic cocktails and truly outstanding food. I’m hooked!

Mr Greedy Glutton has never quite got over the fact that I trounced him on my choice of meal last time we were here, and so this time, guess what? He ordered my exact same meal from before – the Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa, followed by the Seared Tuna. Luckily for him it was every bit as good as last time and he was happy diner.

This time I kicked off with the Duck Pancakes and oh my goodness, I fell in love with this restaurant all over again. The blend of Asian-style duck wrapped up in French crepes rendered this dish absolutely sublime – little bundles of Fusion joy.



My follow-up dish was no less impressive – a platter of Tamarind Chilli Prawns – thick, juicy and delicious.


Determined to drag this meal out slightly longer and get absolute maximum enjoyment, we then plumped for dessert – a truly awe-inspiring Caramelized Banana Tart, which quickly had our four spoons fighting for the remaining scrapings on the plate.


Hu’u Bar & Restaurant, I salute you… you’re just another reason to keep me coming back to Bali for long weekends…

Hu’u Bar & Restaurant, Seminyak, Bali - http://www.huubali.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment