Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Fine Dining in Bali

After a day of the girls hitting the boutiques of Seminyak hard, we all met up for dinner at the famous Ku De Ta bar and restaurant, situated right on the beach. This must be the most popular restaurant in Seminyak and we couldn’t get a table until nearly 10pm, but they make great cocktails and their lounge tables face right out on the crashing ocean waves, so who was clock-watching anyway?



When we were eventually seated, despite our hunger, I still couldn’t order very quickly … and no that wasn’t due to the Watermelon Crush cocktails I’d been drinking beforehand blurring my vision, but rather because everything on the menu looked so good, I just couldn’t make a decision. I eventually just had to pick something when the waiter returned for a third time to take our order – if only to prevent my eating companions from throwing their glasses of Sauvignon Blanc over me. Thankfully it transpired to be a successful random picking.

I started off with some Seared Scallops, served with Hummous and Chorizo. This initially struck me as a strange combination of flavours, but thankfully it worked perfectly – the chorizo was not too overpowering for the scallops, perhaps due to the mellowness of the hummous, which also gave an interesting texture to the combination.


I followed this up with the Lobster Linguine with Tomato, Basil and Chilli. Whilst this was fairly tasty and the pasta was well cooked al dente, I did think that they could have packed some more flavour into this dish, and a few extra pinches of chilli certainly wouldn’t have gone a-miss.


All in all though another fantastic evening of cocktails and fine dining… just how does Seminyak manage to pack in so many fabulous drinking and dining establishments into such a small space?


Ku De Ta, Bali - http://www.kudeta.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment