Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve Cocktails

Ah, Christmas Eve, a time for huddling into a warm pub and drinking mulled wine by the fire…hold on, no, this is Singapore… a time for lounging on comfortable seats, drinking cocktails in the balmy evening air.

And that’s exactly what we did, enjoying a few hours of festivities with friends at One Rochester. Last time we came here (see Mmmm... Martinis), I was less than impressed with the Dragonfruit Martini, but somewhat jealous of my friend's Watermelon one. So that's what I started with this time. It was as good as I rememebered, although I couldn't help feeling hard done by that they only half-filled my glass...



I noticed that they also had a Rock Melon Martini on their menu, so, deciding to compare the two, ordered it up as my next Christmas tipple. This was sweeter than its Watermelon counterpart, also packed a bigger punch, and thankfully was (slightly) more competent in the role of filling the glass.



Moving on from Melon, the waiter encouraged me to try the Kiwi Martini. It wasn't a particularly good recommendation, although I think perhaps the sweetness of these drinks was beginning to take its toll on my tastebuds (and I'd given up on hoping for a full glass by this stage).



I finally moved onto a frozen Strawberry Margherita, although unfortunately I'd obviously had too many fruity martinis by this stage to remember to take its photo... as I did with the meal we had afterwards at North Border... ah well, a good excuse to go back again...

One Rochester - www.onerochester.com

No comments:

Post a Comment