Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mmmm... Martinis

I am a lover of Martinis. I am a particular lover of Martinis that contain fresh fruit in them somewhere. So this week has been a bit of a bonus.

After Sunday Brunch at the Town restaurant at the Fullerton, we were a little too full to wander very far, so we waddled through to their Post Bar, where we flopped in their garden lounge seats and perused their cocktail menu (because 3 hours of free-flow Taittinger obviously hadn't quenched our thirst).

Well, imagine my surprise and delight when we discovered that they serve French Martinis, my all-time favourite, and a drink I have been unable to find on any other menu so far in Singapore. For the un-initiated, a French Martini is made from Vodka, Chambord and Pineapple Juice... and the secret to a good French Martini? You have to give that cocktail shaker a good, long, hard shake so that the pineapple juice forms a lovely frothy head, as demonstrated perfectly by the Fullerton Post Bar:




The following evening I was lucky enough to sample my first ever Dragonfruit Martini at One Rochester:



In all honesty, it wasn't great, and Mrs Greedyguts' Watermelon Martini was a whole lot greater.... but I'm not going to blame the barstaff, I'm going to blame the deceptively flavourless Dragonfruit (how can something that looks so vibrant taste so bland?)... and besides, One Rochester is such the perfect setting to sit and sip martinis that I would forgive them anything....

The Fullerton Hotel - http://www.fullertonhotel.com/

One Rochester -
http://www.onerochester.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment