Monday, October 29, 2007

Sun, Sand and Seafood

I have a confession to make... last weekend I fell off the Junk Food Wagon and went to (and I'm going to whisper this)... McDonalds!

I know, I know, you can't say anything to me that I haven't already said to myself. In my defence though, I was mildly hungover and delirious from lack of sleep from staying up the night before until 5:30am to watch the Rugby World Cup final. Anyway, it's done now and to make up for it we indulged ourselves in lots of fabulous food during a four-day break at the Angsana Resort and Spa in Bintan.

Having just arrived from the 'big smoke' of Singapore, we made our way to the Pantai Bar and Grill for our first evening where we could eat on the beach with the sand between our toes and to the sound of the crashing waves. And what else could be more appropriate than a seafood-fest?

We opted for the Thai Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Snapper and Squid in a Cilantro dressing to start with, which was fantastically zesty and spicy
and followed it up with barbecued mains -
Tiger Prawns for me
Red Snapper Fillet for Mr Greedy Glutton
both marinated in Garlic and Lime, chargrilled to perferction and served with Chargrilled Vegetables, Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream, and with Cafe de Paris butter and Barbecue Sauce on the side.

Sun, sea, sand and barbecued seafood on the beach... life doesn't get much better than this...

The Pantai Bar & Grill, Angsana Resort & Spa, Bintan - http://www.angsana.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment