Monday, August 25, 2008

A New Lunch Option

It was girly lunch time again and this time we made our way to the recently-opened, much anticipated PS Café at Palais Renaissance. First impressions of this place are very favourable – the high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, tiled floor and Parisian café-style seating gave the restaurant a breezy, classy, European feel.

Unfortunately having been seated there for a few minutes, you would have been forgiven for thinking you were actually in Europe (outside, in the winter), it was so cold in there. In their defence they did offer pashminas to wrap around our goose-pimpled limbs, but I can’t for the life of me understand why it’s necessary for the room to be quite so arctic.

Anyway, back to more important things than climate control… the food. We kicked off with a shared starter – the crudités:



These were really fantastic, fresh, crunchy vegetables with two different dips – a curried lentil one, and I have to confess to forgetting what the other one was…

The main courses we chose were a bit of a mixed bag really. I opted for the King Prawn Caeser, which was one of the better options – a large bowl of crispy leaves, smothered in a rich dressing with plenty of bacon, a soft sticky egg and generous sized prawns.

Other options, whilst tasty, were rather miserly in the portions and I dread to think what some of our other halves would have done with the tiny morsels of food provided for the Poached Salmon:


And the Lamb Kebabs:


I’m afraid I have another criticism of this new venture – there wasn’t a single vegetarian option on the menu, leaving my vegan friend in a bit of a sticky situation. They did eventually rustle her up a salad, but I can’t help thinking this is a bit of an oversight.


Girls being girls, and this being the P.S Café (and their portion sizes being what we have already discussed), we of course continued to enjoy coffee and cake and I wolfed down a rather delicious Lemon Tart.

Unfortunately I have now discovered another restaurant with an annoying ‘No photographs’ rule… and so the camera had been banished to my handbag under the table by this stage… so you’ll just have to trust me when I say it was good…

P.S Café, Palais Renaissance - http://www.pscafe.sg/palais.html

2 comments:

  1. ps cafe doesn't allow camera??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not - although I managed to get most of my photos in before we were told! Another one bites the dust...

    ReplyDelete