Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spizza Pizza

There are times when only a pizza will do. Something to line your stomach before you head out for a night of drinking is one of those times – it’s not too heavy so that you leave the restaurant feeling bloated, like with a curry (and yes, I know that’s because I always overindulge with a curry), but leaves you satisfied and ready to soak up the alcohol.

We were headed to a party on Club St, so Spizza at the bottom of Club St seemed like an appropriate meeting point… they serve chilled glasses of Pinot Grigio too, so we definitely chose well. I love how they name all their pizzas after girls’ names – I assume this was inspired by the Margherita, but I may be wrong of course. I ended up opting for the ‘Pamela’ – a straight-forward ham and mushroom.

I like that their bases are crispy and thin, and they certainly don’t scrimp on the toppings – in fact I would probably even say they overdo the toppings, and slightly less ham and mushroom wouldn’t have disappointed. My vegetarian friend opted for the ‘Elisa’ which came with pesto, olives and pine kernels and I have to say, it looked a bit of a winner, while Mr Greedy Glutton chose the ‘Olivia’ with salami and fresh chillies (and as usual had to pick off his chillies half way through, will that man ever learn?!)

It did what was required though and filled us up… and left room for a few more glasses of wine later in the night… perfect….

Spizza, Club St - http://www.spizza.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment