Monday, December 24, 2007

A Short-lived Affair

I'm afraid it's over - I'm not coming back to the Corduroy Cafe for brunch again. This was our third attempt at brunch here, and the third time I'd left disappointed. The food always looks good, but just never quite pulls it off.

This time I ordered their version of Eggs Benedict, with two poached eggs, ham, spinach and hollandaise sauce on a muffin. It looked good, but the eggs were a bit cold and the hollandaise sauce just tasteless. My other complaints from this time, and previous visits are that the 'Fresh' Orange Juice comes out of a packet, their smoothies use syrups over fresh fruits and their Iced coffee is just too sweet by far.

So that's it, it's over. Which is a shame, as I like the atmosphere here, with its loungy armchairs and magazines, and actually their coffee is good, and their cakes look great - so perhaps I'll have the odd dalliance with a coffee and a cake... but that's it... brunch is over...

Corduroy Cafe - http://corduroylifestyle.com/c&f_cafe/cafe_home.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment