Friday, December 14, 2007

Soupy Dumplings

So I found myself up on Orchard Road trying to do some Christmas shopping but my stomach was rumbling too much to concentrate on the shops… so I headed instead to one of my regular lunch stops, Din Tai Fung. I actually think the branch in Paragon is better than the others, but I was too hungry to cross the road, and miraculously there was no queue at the one in Wisma Atria, so I took myself a seat in there instead.

Whenever I come here, I always seem to order the same thing. I know it’s boring, and really quite unlike me, but as much as I look at their menu, I just can’t see past their Noodle Soup with Pork and Prawn Dumplings. Honestly, the soup is good, the noodles are good, but those dumplings… when I pop them in my mouth (usually accompanied by a few shreds of vinegar-soaked ginger), it’s like the world stops spinning for just a second and I’m the only person on Earth, just savouring the flavours in my mouth.

We once tried a selection of Din Tai Fung dumplings at their Raffles City outlet, and I just couldn’t see what all the fuss was about… but stick'em in a soup, and you’ve got me hooked…

Din Tai Fung, Wisma Atria - http://www.dintaifung.com.tw/en/area_a_detail.asp?AreaNO=147&AreaCountryNO=5

No comments:

Post a Comment