Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Favourite Lunch Spot

Din Tai Fung is one of my favourite lunch spots and I usually pop in here alone if I am out and about for a gut-filling, good-for-the-soul noodle soup. This time, I happened to be with some friends – which can only mean one thing…extra dishes!

I am terribly unadventurous whenever I come here, but I just cannot see past their Noodle Soup with Pork and Prawn Wanton, so predictably that is what I ordered today, and it was as satisfying as ever.



We also ordered a few side dishes – the Kang Kong with Garlic,
some Xiao Long Bao, for which Din Tai Fung is famous, although I am not entirely sure that this fame is justified – don’t get me wrong, they are good… just not that good…


And some new additions to my Din Tai Fung usuals: the delicious Crispy Prawn Pancakes
and the Vegetable Dumplings (which I didn’t actually get a chance to try so can’t comment).


I don’t think you can really go wrong with Din Tai Fung, it continually delivers the goods… although I’m not sure about their ‘no photograph’ policy… and no brownie points go to the waiter who rudely told me to put my camera away…

Din Tai Fung, Wisma Atria - http://www.dintaifung.com.tw/en/area_a_detail.asp?AreaNO=147&AreaCountryNO=5

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delish
    I'm going to try the branch in Raffles CIty in the hopes it is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is - I was just there on Saturday ;-)

    They have a Mid Autumn Festival special at the moment - Chilli Crab Xiao Long Bao - which are worth a try!

    ReplyDelete