Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Mediterranean Meal on an Indonesian Island


Our last night in Bintan and the last restaurant we had yet to try – The Cove at the Banyan Tree. After another strenuous day of lying on the beach, we were pretty hungry and ready for a large bowl of pasta washed down with a chilled bottle of white wine.

Not wanting to ruin our appetites for the inevitably large servings we were about to partake in (bowls of pasta always manage to defeat me), we decided to share a light starter of Baked Summer Tomatoes and Mozzarella Cheese with a Balsamic Glaze and Fresh Basil, which was fancy-schmancy in presentation but unfortunately rather average-schmaverage in taste.

Undeterred, we continued to the main object of our evening’s desire – pasta dishes. I plumped for the Chef’s Signature Dish – the Home Made Ravioli filled with Prawns and Sun Dried Tomato in a White Wine, Double Cream and Fresh Basil, which was nice (I'm not really inspired to upgrade the adjective here) but a little heavy on the cream and I have to admit I was rather envious of Mr Greedy Glutton’s choice when it arrived – a simple and tasty Seafood Linguini with Mussels, Calamari and Shrimps in a Spicy Tomato Sauce with Fresh Basil.

Ah well, you win some you lose some…. and I’m afraid my holiday disengagement led me to completely forget about photographing the main course…

The Cove, Banyan Tree, Bintan – www.banyantree.com

No comments:

Post a Comment