Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Dim Sum Blowout


When we were in Singapore on holiday a couple of years ago, we stumbled up the stairs to Yum Cha on the corner of Trengannu and Temple Streets in Chinatown to escape a thunderous downpour, and boy were we glad we did! I could eat dim sum for lunch every day of my life and still not get sick of it. And now I’m living in Singapore, maybe I will...

This time my lunch at Yum Cha was with a friend who was visiting Singapore and thankfully the food was just as good as I remembered from our holiday before. My favourite from my previous visit, Sesame Prawn & Mango Roll, did not disappoint, nor did the rest of the selection – Steamed BBQ Pork Buns, Prawn Dumplings, Vegetable and Meat Siew Mai, Sliced Fish Rice Flour Roll, Steamed Bean Curd Skin Roll, Fried Garlic Prawn Dumpling and Crystal Chives Dumplings.

Does that sound a lot for two young ladies? Well we did leave feeling rather full… and anyway, I’ve heard that Chinese tea is good for speeding up the metabolism…

No comments:

Post a Comment