Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunday Roast

I don’t normally write about home cooked food, but I’m going to make an exception for my favourite meal of all time – My Dad’s Roast Beef. I was back in the UK visiting my parents and this is definitely one of the perks that makes up for the bad weather…

So here it is, beautifully cooked Roast Rib of Beef:

With genuine Yorkshire-made Yorkshire Puddings

And... Roast Potatoes…

Oh joy! I haven’t had roast potatoes in over 6 months, since we moved to Singapore in fact, as our oven is too small to make a roast with all the trimmings. And, as I have never quite got over the disappointment of not having any with our Christmas Lunch, these were very welcome indeed.

While we’re at it, I might as well blow my own trumpet as well – we finished off with some profiteroles made my fair hand… and very nice they were too….

As much as I love my Singaporean food adventures, and wouldn’t swap them for anything… sometimes, it has to be said… there’s no place like home…


My Mum & Dad’s, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (no website!)

No comments:

Post a Comment