Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Book is Published!

Here it is... the moment I have been waiting for...



My book finally hit the shops this week! It's a very exciting time as I'm sure you can imagine. So if you fancy a look at In Singapore: 60 Fabulous Adventures in the City, then get down to a good book shop now! (overseas peeps may need to wait a while longer).

Of course there is an 'Eat, Drink and be Merry' section - it just wouldn't be a Greedy Glutton book without it!

Here is the blurb from the back cover to give you a bit more of an idea of what it is all about:

If you’ve ever heard or said “there’s nothing to do in Singapore except eat and shop”, then this book is for you. The pages are jam-packed with fun and interesting activities to keep you entertained during your stay in Singapore. From exploring World War II tunnels, to swinging through trees, taking a trip on a Chinese junk boat or tucking into a plate of chilli crab, there really is something for everyone in this fast-paced, ever-changing city-state.

Highly illustrated with photographs and complete with all the important information you will need, sections include Take a Hike, Cultural Interest, Eat, Drink & Be Merry, Entertaining the Kids, and Just for Fun. Whether you are visiting for a weekend or staying longer-term, you need never be at a loose end in Singapore again.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Marianne,
    Congratulations on publishing your second book. I have been reading your blog with great interest as we are visiting Singapore in February of the coming year. Would love a copy of your book before then. Do you know when and where it will be available in the US?
    Keep up the great blogging. I have at least three restaurants picked out so far and I am only half way through your list.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim :)

    I don't know when/where it will be available in the US, I am hoping it will be on Amazon soon - I will need to check with my publisher and I'll let you know when I do.

    Glad you're enjoying the blog - I will get back to some more Singapore restaurants soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done maz - love the cover, v proud of you
    Sally
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your second book. Just chanced upon your blog and have to say I agree with your reviews on the Sunday Champagne Brunches. Have you tried FS's One-Ninety? Not great in brunch ambience (it's not bright and airy) but food wise I prefer it over GreenHouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for the freshest sushi and sashimi in Singapore, opt for a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday as these are the days most restaurants fly in their fresh fish stocks. Good to know.Sorry,you got it wrong,the day they fly in doesn't mean the day they will serve the fish.They still need to clear the old stock.My advice to you is never go for sashimi or sushi on Monday.The safe bet is tuesday evening or friday evening.

    ReplyDelete