Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chocolate Heaven

I had just enjoyed a decidedly good Thai feast at Café Supunsa and decided that a coffee would finish of the meal perfectly. Crossing the courtyard at Robertson Quay, I just couldn’t resist the comfy lounge chairs and sofas outside Laurent’s Café and Chocolate Bar.

Now I might just have stuffed my face full of Pad Thai and Beef Penang, but I challenge anyone to walk inside Laurent’s Café and Chocolate Bar and return having ordered only a coffee. This place is a utopia for every chocoholic out there… even an apathetic chocolate eater such as myself could not resist the goodies on offer – cookies, cakes, chocolates, ice creams… my goodness, it’s like a visit to Candy Heaven, there’s even a walk-in fridge, full of… CHOCOLATES!

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but I do confess to a weakness for a slice of cake with my coffee and so, after much deliberation, I finally decided on a slice of the very aptly named ‘Pleasure’. Oh and pleasurable it was indeed – a chocolate, hazelnut biscuit base, topped with layers of chocolate hazelnut mousse and wafer thin chocolate slices, I’m swooning all over again just writing this.



It was amazing, fantastic, orgasmic even… but exceedingly rich, and for someone who can normally only stomach two squares of a chocolate bar in one go, it was quite a challenge to eat the whole slice. I can proudly announce however, that I rose to the challenge admirably… and despite my protestations of feeling sick, I was even to be seen wiping that plate clean with my finger…

Laurent’s Café and Chocolate Bar - http://www.thechocolatefactoryonline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment